SphereCore SP is a core material made of polyester tissue which is volumised by embedding thermoplastic microspheres.
This product is very elastic and well drapeable when wet. Comparable to Coremat, Upica etc.
This material comes in 1mm/2mm/3mm/4mm/5mm thicknesses.
- Cut SphereCore SP and the covering glass layers in the required shape. SphereCore SP can easily be cut by using scissors or a knife.
- Calculate the amount of resin needed for covering layers and core materials. For SphereCore SP you will need approx. 600 g/m²/mm. Example: SphereCore SP 3,0 mm: 600g*3mm = approx. 1800 g resin per m².
- Apply gelcoat if required and let it cure.
- Laminate the covering glass layers as usually and de-aerate them.
- In case the core material is ≥ 3 mm, apply approx. 30% of the required amount of resin (i.e. 600 g/m² for a 4,0 mm core material) on one side of SphereCore SP.
- Place the resin side of SphereCore SP onto the previously laminated glass layers.
- Continue by adding resin onto SphereCore SP and spread it by using the lamb wool roller.
- De-aerate SphereCore SP.
- Continue to laminate subsequent covering layers and de-aerate them as usual.